Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mark


I just finished my first portrait of Mark. I am not super happy about it but it was really fun to work on and I learned some things to improve on for the next one. Contrast for one, these kinds of collages need a lot of contrast in order to really work well and look good. There is not enough contrast between Mark's face and the sky. I won't go into all the other problems with it. But oh well, even the great artists had failures and I am by no means a great artist. Sorry Mark, the next one will be better I promise.

6 comments:

Christina said...

I like it!

Sarah said...

i think it looks great! when you are famous, or he is, i bet you won't think it's so flawed then...

Laura said...

i actually really like it....it looks andy warhol-esque.

Pete said...

Since when does Airmarcus wear bow ties? I think it looks great, I mean, it's Mark, right?

Mary Jolley said...

Wow- it totally looks just like him. I'm impressed!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

How is it possible that it's taken me this long to find out that you guys have a blog?? Well email me and I will invite you to our private blog. Mark has my email. Your picture is awesome...now I have to go read the rest of your posts.