Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Weekend's Fun

So we've been back in Provo about two weeks now. Our apartment is slowly coming together. We have a table in the kitchen now so that is a big improvement.
Meanwhile, we have been having a lot of fun. We spent this last weekend up in Salt Lake. Friday and Saturday was the Beesley Christmas celebration. We had a lot of fun and despite my challenges with shaping the rolls (in the end Mark had to do it), they still turned out great. So glad the Denneys are back, too.
Since my parents are still jet-lagged, they went to bed about 6:30pm. We nocturnal creatures stayed up and visited Wade on his birthday, which included Guitar Hero I wasn't very good, but neither was Mark. and later finished the night off with a couple rounds of Settlers. Jen dominated. We were glad to hear from Katie and all got a chuckle out of her confusion when Mark suddenly declared a monopoly on all wheat...We learned another new game, Dominion. It seemed really complicated at first but it turned out to be pretty fun. Maybe next time will be even better since we know what we are doing now.
To wrap up our weekend of fun, we went to Wade's Choo-Choo Birthday party (where Phil showed off his correctly shaped rolls...someday, I'll figure it out).
Great weekend.

2 comments:

Sheralie said...

I really like your haircut! I must say it took me years to figure out that the rolls are much easier if you roll 1/2 of the dough into a circle and cut it like a pie. I was starting with squares and stretching them!! Good luck getting settled again.

Sheralie said...

I mean 1/3