Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Green Diet

My sister, Mary, recently published a book: The Green Diet. She talks about why animal products are not as healthy and why vegan food is so good for you. She also has a pretty sweet website. Reading it kind of makes me guilty about eating meats and other animal products but, Mark and I haven't totally cut meat out of our diet, yet. Although for the vegan meals that I have cooked, we have not missed the meat. My biggest problem is making enough to fill Mark up- but I had that problem before anyway. Anyway, even if you don't want to cut out animals all the way I would recommend trying some of her recipes. There are some on her site.

6 comments:

Lil KT! said...

i like eating meat raw.

jk. but seriously. im not ready for a green diet.

The Molen's said...

I think the book is wonderful. It's nice to have some new recipes to try on my vegetarian dinner nights. The Green Diet makes eating so healthy look so enticing! Mmm-mmm good!

Mary Jolley said...

Thanks Amers! Love the support and I love you!

Mary Jolley said...

p.s. yout food looks REALLY good

Alex said...

How did you ever convince Mark to be ok without making himself a giant burger on his george foreman grill?

airmarcus said...

She convinced me by doing all the cooking and grocery shopping. I'll eat almost anything if I don't have to make it.