Sunday, January 23, 2011

Quick Rewind

So I am officially bad at updating this blog. So here is a really fast recap of the last month.
We had a good time in Hawaii with my family - no, I don't have any pictures. I'll scour some up from my sisters. But, we spent a lot of time at the beach, the pool, and watching football. I didn't get much color (any, actually) because I was really good at sunscreen. We went on a great hike with my Dad and brother (have to find those pictures, too - Dad, did we use your camera?). We hiked around a lava lake and some lava tunnels - and drove around the entire island. Rain, sun, forests, waterfalls, lava fields, beaches...it was quite beautiful.
After Hawaii we went back to Utah for my grandfather's funeral. He was a really great man, truly a hero.
When we got home, we picked and ate the fruit of our labors. Our sole tomato -guess which one we grew :) However, we ate it baked on a pizza and couldn't really taste it very much...but we are pretty sure it was good!
Sometime shortly thereafter, we helped this young woman clean her apartment - this photo was halfway through. It was disgusting. The stench was indescribable. Garbage of all sorts was strewn about, animal crap hidden intermittently. I am so grateful for my clean house!
I tried making baked sweet potato fries. They were actually pretty good, too.
and we've had game nights, football nights, reading nights, relaxing nights, and chore nights.
We have been trying to adjust our schedules forward since Mark has been getting up at 5:30am to go running. Last week we were pretty good at going to bed on time.
I think that is pretty much caught up to this weekend...our camping trip.

No comments: