Friday, May 20, 2011

Good Morning, Amy

After discovering this gusher in our front yard this morning, my neighbor and I decided to try and rescue some of that water and put in on our lawns. She was out there with a bucket. I, all high-tech and all, went to our back yard and brought out our water pump and hose. I wasn't gonna break my back. I got the pump all set up...the water was about 1/2 inch too shallow for our pump. Such a disappointment. So I decided to scrap that idea and finish my mid-morning snack. After a few bites, all that water out there was too tempting, and I realized that the gutter across the street is about 2-3 deeper. Perfect. So I get the pump out again, switch hoses to our good hose, and start walking toward the street. That's when the city finally decides to show up and turn the hydrant off! Grr. Turns out the city was purposefully flushing the hydrant.
I didn't get any water on our very dry lawn, but I did figure out why my shower was so weak this morning.

No comments: