Sunday, October 26, 2008

Painting 101






Mark and I finally decided to start our own blog. After reading everybody else's figured we should. So to catch everyone up to speed: school seems to be the biggest strain on our time. Mark's classes are hard and very time-consuming. My classes aren't so bad. The first block ended last week and with it I finished my Ceramics class and my sculpture class, both of which I quite enjoyed. The new block brings with it Watercolor and a digital technology class. We both still have our jobs for BYU. Starting last week, we became primary teachers! We have a class of 7 nine year-olds but it seems like a lot more. They are pretty good kids but very chatty and excitable. The primary program is coming up in a few weeks so that makes lessons much easier and shorter. Today we had some adventures which were really enjoyable. We broke out the flatbread maker from our wedding and made our own tortillas. A little practice was necessary but they were pretty fun and quite easy once we got the hang of it. We also spent about an hour out in the garage painting. It was Mark's first time oil painting and he did a great job. It was really fun for both of us. Here are the products of our labors.

8 comments:

airmarcus said...

so... Mark's painting is the one on the bottom. :)

Pete said...

Were you both trying to paint the same thing? Great to see you have joined the blogging world.

phil said...

mark paints?

Annlbtx said...

There is quite a bit of difference between the top picture and the bottom picture. But I think both are very nice. I am definitely going to have to start a blog for Dad and I.

Laura said...

yeah...glad that you started your own blog. keep track of those crazy primary kids - I really love that group though because I used to teach them and then was the activity day leader for the girls! love the art work.

Mary Jolley said...

I am so excited to be invited to your blog. I feel so special. I hope you post lots of pics.

katty said...

i wish you were coming to new york with mary and me! but oh well, you can teach your primary class instead i guess..

Sheralie said...

Can I get your recipe for tortillas? Even better, some pictures :) There aren't too many tortillas here . .