Sunday, November 30, 2008

St. George Adventures






We spent Thanksgiving in St. George, Utah with the Beesleys and the Jolleys. We had a great time at the condo. Swimming, playing music together (we had a full orchestra: Daniel on bass, Davis on cello, Kat on viola, and my mom and I on the violin. Sarah and my dad played piano). Friday we went golfing. It was the first time Mark had gone on a course and the second I think for me. Sarah and David played with us- best ball. It was much better that way. Mark barely won with 30 best balls, with David close behind and 29. Sarah and I were somewhere behind them.
Mark got par on this hole- to clarify since we were playing best ball, Mark was best ball each stroke.
Sarah and her beautiful ball. My best hit of the day was a sweet 20ft putt.
We also saw Twilight. Bad acting but it was still kinda fun. I was disappointed by the choice of actors especially Edward but Emmitt was well cast and he was always my favorite anyway. Big difference between low budget and higher budget films. Maybe the next one will be better. I am looking forward to the 6th Harry Potter next summer- I do wonder that they start previews so early, it is not like people won't be excited about it, It is Harry Potter!
It was really fun to see the Jolley's. Luke didn't really remember us...
But we still had fun. Hope to see them again soon.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I love st george entrada.....looks like you guys had fun. sorry we missed the family party! thanks for posting some pics.

Mary Jolley said...

st. george was fun. and luke likes you guys, he is just super camera shy.

Sarah said...

golf was really fun-- and by "somewhere behind" in our best ball game you meant i was .5 strokes behind-- that would be correct. i can't believe david passed me up on the LAST hole!! it was a good game, and hopefully we'll play again soon.
see you next week!

Aly said...

so good to see you guys tonight! And I am so jealous that you guys are going to Jerusalem, I would love to go back. Also, I love your painting- I want to go see it on campus!

Unknown said...

Luke has gotten so big! It's nice to see that you guys had the proper attire for golfing but I still feel you should have worn your dress :)