Friday, August 14, 2009

Graduation

I graduated this morning from BYU's College of Fine Arts and Communication with a BA in Visual Arts. I was surprised sitting on the stand with a much stronger sense of accomplishment than I expected. One of the hardest things for me has been a lack of resolution upon graduation. The BA program does not have any type of final project or capstone presentation. So, I've been feeling like there was little designation that I was actually done, and had really accomplished something. Sitting on the stage and walking up to get my 'diploma' was a resolving act that helped the last three years come together for me. I am really excited to be graduated and start making art in Houston. Thanks so much to Dad, Mom and Mark.

6 comments:

Sheralie said...

Good job Amy! Graduation is a rite of passage that many women have not been able to get to. I hope there was a nice speaker :) You look lovely too.

Pete said...

Congratulations Amy. From the sound of it, you earned your degree. I never felt like I worked all that hard for my econ degree, but overall I did learn a lot and loved BYU. Have fun in Houston!

phil said...

congratulations amy

Sarah said...

wish i could have been there- congratulations again! ps you look beautiful!!

Laura said...

Congrats ams! Can't wait to see all your art online!

Mary Jolley said...

Congratulations on Graduating. I am so proud of you. You are so smart and talented.