Sunday, August 2, 2009

Holding Pattern


Our life is in a holding pattern right now. This happens each time we prepare to move (so every four months). All these things that we want to do- projects, paintings, herb gardens, even certain recipes-are all just waiting for us to move. And things we want to buy too. We are just waiting till we get down so we don't buy them and then have to stuff them in the car. So often, Mark and I find ourselves saying, "we'll do/get that when we get to Baytown". (or we'll do/get that when we get a house). So... we are really ready for our move. We leave here in 2 weeks.
We still do have some stuff to do here- finish classes, pack up, clean the apartment, graduate- but those aren't keeping me busy all day everyday. Mark's CS projects are still keeping him pretty busy but he's almost done. I imagine he'll be done tomorrow or Tuesday. It's hard to not get bored and to stay productive when so much that I want to do would be better to start in Baytown.
One upside to having free time is enjoying it with Mark. Friday, David came down and we went to dinner and played games. Last night, we went on a beautiful walk up Rock Canyon. I will miss the Utah nights, when it gets cool enough to go outside. I hear that doesn't happen in Texas.

3 comments:

Laura said...

cute photo of you guys!

dont you love the holding pattern! ha ha! you are such a good sport about all the moving. cant wait for you to have a hosue and be all settled!

Sheralie said...

I agree, transition times are tricky. Good luck with your move! I miss Texas today and hope you enjoy it.

Annlbtx said...

I can't wait to have you two in Texas again! Hopefully, it will start getting cooler very soon. Moving is such an adventure.