Monday, November 30, 2009

Turkey Trudge

Thanksgiving morning Mark and I ran in the Houston Turkey Trot with Steve and Kalina. It was a really early and cold morning, but we did get to see a lovely sunrise- it's been awhile since I've seen one of those. The others all ran the 10K, but I was more realistic and ran a 5K. Still, I had the slowest pace out of everyone, but I was surprised that I still got about 10 1/2 min/mile which is roughly what I trained, because I walked a little and felt like I was just trudging along. So I learned I need to find a way to pace myself better. But overall, it was pretty fun. Glad I ran it, glad I picked the 5K, and glad to not be sore anymore.And a special thanks to Charlie for coming to cheer us on in the cold, and take pictures.

3 comments:

Sheralie said...

I read the last sentence of this post several times, looking at the giant turkey, very confused. Somehow I thought the giant turkey was the Charlie you were talking about and I could not understand why your friend Charlie dressed up as a turkey. I think I need more sleep because Charlie is my father-in-law!! Good for you for getting out there. It makes Thanksgiving feel so great.

Steve said...

Good job! Hope to see you at the run next year.

Laura said...

love the haircut...you look darling! cant wait to see you in a month!