Friday, December 4, 2009

White December

I remember Doug once telling us how in St. George he got a snow day at school for 4 inches of snow, and being from Salt Lake, where we went to school in blizzards, I thought that was a bit dramatic. Well here in Baytown, we have an inch or two of snow and the city is out of commission. Mark got to come home early from work (they let people leave at 9), kids got out of school, even the bank was talking about closing(??) and Exxon canceled their Christmas party tonight.So then I had the bright idea that since it was snowing, and I like snow, and there is this nature center nearby that is really pretty, we should go enjoy the snow there...but there was no snow, and it was cold, and dreary.(And I must add that Utah has much better snow than Baytown. It's too wet here.)

2 comments:

Steve said...

ha ha. We did the same thing: I made Steve drive us over to Memorial Park where all the trails are since I thought it a brilliant idea to combine snow and nature as well. We got there and things weren't as magical as I'd hoped. Steve didn't even get out of the car. -ksws

phil said...

i just got finished shoveling my driveway. not quite as magical as I'd hoped either.