Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Around Town

As mentioned earlier, Exxon had postponed it's Christmas party until last Wednesday night due to the snow. This wasn't ideal for us because Exxon was also sending all the co-ops to the Rockets vs. Cavs basketball game (which because so many people canceled they gave Mark a ticket for me)....So we went to both. We met up downtown (where Mark was out for an Exxon lunch), walked around the Galleria, got all dressed up, and went to the Christmas party. However, we didn't know anyone (Mark's team didn't go), and "semi-formal" actually means "very-formal"... so we did not enjoy the Christmas party very much. So we left, drove across town, got back dressed down, and ran through the cold to enjoy the basketball game from the last row (literally). The game wasn't really very exciting. The Rockets had about a 10 point lead when we got there and kept it the rest of the game, but it was still fun and I enjoyed meeting some of the people I hear about.
Saturday, we headed back downtown to attend the Houston Ballet's performance of the Nutcracker with Steve and Kalina. I have been looking forward to this for a while, now. I love going to the Nutcracker. Mark wasn't too keen on going to the ballet but thought he'd try it out.
As expected, I enjoyed it much more than Mark, though I must say I like Salt Lake's much better. Thanks Mark for taking me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i lvoe the posts- you guys are so cute. and looks like you are having fun. wish i were seeing you sometime soon! happy holidays!

Laura said...

fun night...party crashers! your hair looks cute. cant wait to see you soon!