Sunday, October 31, 2010

Visit from Dad

It was really fun to have my dad come visit us this weekend. He was able to arrange his trip to Dallas to include a couple day lay-over in Baytown. I think he was planning on getting a little more rest than we ended up providing. Just hours after he arrived, he threw us a party...an awesome dinner downtown and the Broadway production of Shrek.
Thanks Dad, it was so fun.
On Sunday, Dad patiently waited for us to make all our after church arrangements (and patiently entertained his fans in our ward..I'm not kidding, they love him). We were woefully unprepared for Halloween. I had purchased what had seemed like a large pot of goods, but even after quickly establishing a ration, our supplies lasted only 20 minutes. I thought about only giving out candy if the kids were creative enough to come up with a name for their costume. We had many kids who did not know what they were dressed up as. Regardless, it was not long until we locked the gate, turned out lights and retreated to the living room for a wonderful conversation regarding the housing and bank policies. Thanks Dad, again.
I further wore out my Dad with an excursion to the Battleship Texas and San Jacinto Monument. (and taking the ferry- that was cool). They were really neat, although after spending so much time on the ship (in the heat) we were too tired to do more than drive around the monument before dashing to lunch.
It was a really great weekend, Dad. I'm so glad that you were able to come down. Good luck in Dallas.

2 comments:

Laura said...

yeah! love it when dad comes to visit!

Brent said...

Amy and Mark were wonderful and gracious hosts, and I had a great time with you and your family and friends. Thanks for the long visit and chat about banking and housing. I haven't enjoyed a conversation like that for a long time.

I look forward to coming back soon to see you guys, going to the Museum at the site of the Battle of San Jacinto and visiting the many other neat places to see in Houston.

Love ya, Dad