Thursday, May 24, 2012

Motherly Musings: Alyssa

Alyssa is wonderful. She is very expressive and talkative. She very loudly discusses her mood with you. Smiles and laughs and coos or grunts and baby sirens or angry grrs. She loves her Mom and makes me so happy. She reaches for me and gives me big hugs. I love it when she nuzzles her head into me or rests her cheek on mine. She has hardly any patience when she is hungry or wanting to get out of the crib. She often just wants me to hold her for a minute before going back to playing. She loves her daddy, too, unless she is hungry. She says, "dada" but hasn't connected the sound to the person yet.


Alyssa drinks sometimes from her sippy cup. It is hit or miss with the eating though. She sometimes isn't interested much, other times she'll just keep going. Like Abby, she loves peaches, as well as apples. She doesn't like getting her face cleaned off after each meal. Alyssa doesn't like holding food, either. She would suck and bite (with her 2 teeth) on the cucumbers as long as I was holding it. (she held it once, just long enough for the picture) Her hands were usually held as far away as possible - but that is their favorite place so I don't know how much to read into that. She did hold the peach... Alyssa loves tasting my food and drinking from cups. I'm still nursing her. After a brief spell in which she refused to use the nursing cover, we are back to easy feedings away from home, too. Alyssa is 12 3/4 lbs.

Alyssa sits like a champ and loves it. She plays, leans over to pick up toys, twists around to make sure I'm still around, and dances, too. She sits with confidence. She really hates it when she falls over though. She gets really mad when she falls from sitting, or even rolls over to fast. I think that is why she doesn't roll very much. Sometimes she leans over like she is thinking about it but then goes back up. We are working on her crawling. She pivots around on her belly and can move backwards. When she tries to go forward she reaches and kicks her legs, but they are up in the air. Probably won't be too long though.

Alyssa really likes the jumper seat. She stands in there and jumps up and down. Any toys on the tray are quickly returned to the floor. It is so adorable when she peers over the edge to look for them. But toys are not as fun as whacking the tray apparently.  She also loves playing the piano.


She waves. It is pretty cute.

Alyssa is ticklish. I love tickling her feet, stomach and neck. My favorite is when you tickle her stomach and neck - she tries not to laugh but then gives in and cracks up.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

what a great post. thanks for all the details