Thursday, July 22, 2010

Camping Out

Last week was our Stake Girls Camp and last minute I was asked to be a counselor. While I didn't really feel like I knew what was going on at all, I had a great time with the girl's and with the other leaders. The girl's camp was so different from the ones I went to in Utah. We were at a Boy Scout Camp in Louisiana. It was hot and their were lots of activities like archery,
C.O.P.E. course, and swimming (I swam a mile one morning). It was also a lot more centered on the certifications. I don't remember any certifications that I did. I am sure that we did them, but I just have no memory of it.
It was really sweet to hear the testimonies of the young women. I am really glad that they asked me to go, but I was also really glad to go home after and throw all my clothes into the new washer and dryer that Mark surprised me with!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay! Congrats on a new washer and dryer. It makes life so much easier! Phil has been dying to go camping this year. We are pretty sad you guys aren't around anymore to go with us.