Sunday, June 5, 2011

Half Way!

I'm technically not half way, which would be next week, but I find it unlikely that I will make it to 40 weeks. So 19 weeks is at least half way if not past it!
Look! I am starting to get a belly! I feel pretty big sometimes. I can still make it go most of the way away, but our girls are starting to make an appearance.
They also started making their presence felt. Mark and I can both feel them moving around if I'm being real still! It is so fun!
We had our anatomy scan last week. This is our little Apple. She is doing very well. She is about 9 inches and 9 ounces.
This is our little Bluebear. She is also about 9 inches and 9 ounces. However, we found out that she has hydrocephalus which means that the fluid in her brain isn't draining properly and is causing pressure in her brain, and fluid is taking up space where the brain should be growing. When she is born she will likely have neurosurgery to install a shunt to drain the fluid. Hopefully, her brain will then be able to recover and develop normally, but there is a chance she will have some permanent brain damage and mental retardation.

Thank you to all of you who joined us today as we fasted and prayed for Bluebear. Mark and I are very much at peace with whatever the will of the Lord is for our family. We are very grateful for the opportunity to become parents. We have learned that the Lord has much better plans than we do and we just have to put our trust in him.

1 comment:

Mom Karen said...

Jen's mom, here. Ric and I didn't know about Bluebear until we read your post. I love your amazing spirit and attitude. Of course, we will keep you all in our prayers. No matter the outcome, you are ALREADY great parents! Love to all!