Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Kat on a Hot Tin Roof

...really just a Kat in hot Houston (and she let me know it was hot. There were daily comparisons to Utah's idyllic weather).

My little sister came down last week to visit us. It was really fun to have her come for a few days and her trip just flew by!
She helped me make some things for the girls and then decided she would have more interest in sewing if she made a purse. So while I did baby projects, Kat made a little handbag.
Everything turned out very well. I was quite impressed with our beginners expertise. It took awhile though.
Kat's favorite thing, however, was making and eating ice cream. I think Kat and Mark made two batches each night she was here. Kat and I had purchased about 20 lbs of peaches, and they made some really good ice cream. The raspberry ice cream was also scrumptious. Perfect snacks for the late nights talking, laughing, and enjoying each other's company. Too soon I was taking Kat back to the airport.

Thanks for the visit Kat, Mark and I love being with you. You are welcome anytime!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

such cute pictures. looks like she had a great trip. can't wait for my turn!